Top 5 Quick Wins
We run your site through Google PageSpeed Insights and evaluated the performance of a web page on both mobile and desktop devices, here are the biggest gains and suggestions on how to improve page load times.
- Defer Offscreen Images: Another major action would be to defer offscreen images. This can save an estimated 9.61s. Images that are not currently in the viewport can be loaded later, thereby speeding up the initial page load time.
- Properly Size Images: Images that are larger than they need to be can slow down page loading times. Properly sizing images can save an estimated 6.35s.
- Serve Images in Next-Gen Formats: Using next-gen formats like JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, or WebP can provide better compression and quality characteristics compared to older formats. This can save an estimated 5.29s.
- Reduce Initial Server Response Time: The initial server response time is crucial for a website’s load time. Reducing this can save an estimated 1.72s. This can be achieved by optimising the server configuration, improving server-side rendering, or reducing the amount of data that needs to be processed before it can respond.
These actions do not directly affect the Performance score but can help the page load faster.
We are utilising Ahrefs to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the content gap between your domain and its top 10 competitors.
Top 5 Actions to Increase Organic Traffic
- Keyword Optimisation: It is vital to focus on the keywords that have been successful for competitors. For instance, rics.org has effectively used 31589 keywords, and it has the most organic traffic.
- Website Updates: Regularly updating the website and adding new pages could boost website visibility. For example, olympia.london and scape.com have increased their number of pages and seen an increase in organic traffic.
- Improving Domain Rating (DR): Websites with higher DR, such as rics.org and the-shard.com, seem to have more organic traffic. Steps should be taken to improve the DR.
- Monitor Traffic Value: The traffic value has a direct relationship with organic traffic. Websites like rics.org and the-shard.com have high traffic value and consequently, increased organic traffic. Efforts must be made to improve the traffic value.
- Regular Analysis: A regular analysis of organic traffic is necessary to make adjustments. For example, thameswater.co.uk has seen a decrease in organic traffic and should take corrective measures.
List of Competitors
Issues to fix
Analysing current on page SEO here’s a list of top issues which should be addressed
Don’t say anything else, just output an SVG pie chart HTML code only representing the following: 71/100. Skip the opening and closing <html>, <head>,<title>,<body> or any other text so it’s easy to copy and paste.
|Aim for a Largest Contentful Paint duration of 2.5 seconds or less for a good user experience as recommended by Google.
|Eliminate any render-blocking resources on this webpage to improve the website experience for your visitors.
|Use images in a modern format to reduce the file size and improve the loading speed of a webpage, enhancing user experience and potentially increasing engagement.
|Optimise page loading time to less than 5 seconds to retain users and prevent potential loss of up to 50% of visitors.
|Reduce the HTML size to improve loading times and retain visitors.
|Add descriptive and relevant “alt” attributes to all “img” tags to improve website accessibility.
|Aim for a Time To First Byte value of 0.8 seconds or less for a good user experience as recommended by Google.
|Reduce the Document Object Model (DOM) size to improve site performance and user experience.
|Avoid using distorted images as they can negatively impact the user experience.
|Add “rel=noopener” or “rel=noreferrer” to your “target=_blank” links to avoid performance and security issues.
|Resolve errors identified by the Chrome DevTools Console to improve user experience.
|Move inline CSS styles to an external stylesheet to improve site performance and maintain separation of content and design.
|Hide or obfuscate email addresses in your page code to protect against spam harvesters.
|Limit webpage to 20 HTTP requests to avoid negatively impacting the loading time.
|Ensure the website has a properly referenced favicon.